Welcome to The Coon Tavern. SOLD — May 2020!
The Coon Tavern is a stunning Federal Period home, located on the village green in picturesque Haverhill Corner, New Hampshire. Built around 1795 and once an operating tavern, it is now a sensitively restored three bedroom home, which blends period detail with modern amenities.
The shire town of Haverhill Corner hosted circuit court sessions during the late 18th century and well into the 19th century. The historic courthouse still stands on the village green, as do many of the taverns which were needed to accommodate visitors having business before the courts. Located on the Connecticut River only a half-hour's drive from Dartmouth College and Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, the village of Haverhill Corner is close to the White Mountains for hiking, fishing, skiing and beautiful scenery.
- 13 rooms including 3 bedrooms, plus 2 full baths; 3,400 sq. ft.
- Five working fireplaces
- Wide pine flooring
- 12-over-12 windows, most with old glass
- Spacious country kitchen and pantry, with custom hand-planed cabinetry by The Kennebec Company, honed granite sinks and countertops, and a four-oven AGA cooker
- Modern appliances, including built-in Sub-Zero refrigerator and freezer
- Authentic reproduction lighting fixtures from Period Lighting Fixtures
- Antique door hardware throughout
- Vibrant trim colors of historic palette
- Office with woodstove and exposed beams, plank walls
- Marble bath countertops and tub surround
- Mudroom/laundry with antique soapstone set-tub and soapstone countertops, stacking Miele washer and drier
- South-facing sunroom with slate floor and radiant heat
- Wired for internet and cable
- Level 3-acre lot on a picturesque New England village green
- Established perennial gardens; stone patio
- 19th century post and beam barn with workshop, parking for two vehicles, and an attached milk shed